Protein is essential for muscle repair and growth and those who are looking to build more muscle or gain strength should make sure to consume enough protein each day. Protein powders come in a variety of awesome flavors that anyone can enjoy.
Many protein powders are chalky and contain artificial sweeteners that leave your mouth with an unpleasant aftertaste. But we understand that you don't want your money to get wasted just because of awful taste. And that's why we are here with the list of 10 best-tasting protein powders.
Whether you are a gym freak or a usual exerciser, the below-listed protein powders are really effective & affordable to match your fitness routine and taste buds.
List of Top 10 Tasting Protein Powders
1 - Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Powder by Optimum Nutrition
Each serving of the world’s best-selling whey protein powder provides 24 grams of high-quality whey protein primarily from Whey Protein Isolate using sophisticated filtering technologies.
The powder is also instantiated for easy mixing using just a glass and spoon. With many different flavors – including naturally flavored options – there’s no doubt this is the GOLD STANDARD.
- Provide 24g of protein, 5g of BCAAs, 3-4g carbs, 1-3g sugar, and 1-1.5g fat
- Blend of whey protein isolate, whey protein concentrate, and whey peptides
- Help build lean and strong muscles with naturally occurring BCAAs.
- Improved mixability to prevent lumps and clumps
- Available in different chocolate flavors
- May cause headache.
2 - Whey Protein by Ladder
Ladder Whey Protein provides the EAAs and BCAAs your body needs to help repair after a workout and upgrade muscle gain, and sports performance.
Ladder whey protein is offered in chocolate and vanilla. We use cocoa and vanilla beans, mixed with a touch of salt, and a hint of natural sweetener.
Ladder products ensure quality, purity, label accuracy, and guarantee to deliver safe supplements.
- All natural, grass fed, no soy.
- NSF certified.
- Extra vitamins.
- Has probiotics.
- A bit pricy.
3 - SYNTHA-6 Protein Powder by BSN
BSN SYNTHA-6 is the go-to protein for any nutrition or exercise regimen because it is designed to suit a variety of active lifestyles and diet plans.
Syntha-6 includes essential amino acids, fatty acids, and is also an excellent source of fiber. This makes it a nutritious and multi-functional protein supplement.
- Consisting of whey protein concentrate, whey protein isolate, calcium caseinate, micellar casein, milk protein isolate, and egg albumin.
- Promotes muscle protein synthesis and recovery support.
- High carb count.
4 - Zero Carb Protein Powder by Isopure
Isopure Zero Carb Protein Powder 100% Whey Protein Isolate - a high-quality protein source providing 25g per serving to support muscle building, recovery, and helps those who are watching their calorie intakes.
A Perfect Fit- supports your active lifestyle and can be used post-workout, between meals, along with a healthy breakfast, or any time of day and help meet daily protein needs.
- 100% whey protein isolate
- Provide 25g of protein per serving to support muscle building and recovery
- Zero/low carb count
- Support your ketogenic macros
- Gluten, Lactose, Aspartame Free
- Available in several unique flavors
- May cause headache or bloating
5 - Impact Whey Protein by Myprotein
Impact Whey Protein is created with premium whey, it’s packed with an impressive 21g of protein(unflavored version) per serving, delivering the protein you need from a high-quality source.
It provides your body with convenient, high-quality protein, which contributes to the growth and maintenance of muscle mass – making sure you’re getting the protein you need, each and every day.
- Provides 21g of protein,4.5g of BCAAs, 1.9g of fat and 1g of carbs.
- High-quality protein.
- Artifical flavoring.
6 - Less Naked Whey by Naked Nutrition
Less Naked Whey is our Grass Fed Whey is sourced from small dairy farms in the US to bring you non-denatured whey packed full of essential amino acids, clean protein, and glutathione.
We used the best tasting vanilla and organic coconut sugar to create a vanilla protein powder that can be used on its own or used in recipes such as protein pancakes, smoothies, and cookies.
- 100% Grass Fed Pure Whey Protein
- Provide 25g of Protein, 5g of Sugar, 8g of Carbs, 150 Calories, and 5.9g of BCAAs per serving
- Contains natural vanilla and organic coconut sugar
- no artificial sweeteners or colors, Non-GMO
- Available in four delicious flavors
- A bit of chalky texture
7 - Natural Whey Protein Powder by MET-Rx
MET-Rx Natural Whey Protein utilizes state-of-the-art manufacturing techniques to deliver a cutting-edge protein blend that is both wholesome and scientifically advanced.
With no preservatives, artificial flavors, or colors- Natural Whey Protein should be your first choice for high-quality protein.
- 23G of protein per bar.
- 12 Vitamins & Minerals.
- Naturally Flavored.
- Contains a significant source of Vitamin D and Vitamin C.
- Supports lean muscle and strength.
- No preservatives, artificial flavors, or colors
- Don't get mix easily
8 - Organic Protein & Superfoods by Orgain
Orgain organic plant-based protein and Superfoods is packed with super nutrition from 50 organic superfoods in every serving! Scoop things up a notch with this smooth and delicious powder.
With 21g of plant-based protein and no sugar added, this vegan protein powder is certified by Vegan Action. Orgain is Certified Organic and made from organic pea, brown rice, and chia proteins.
- Plant-based protein powder sourced from pea, brown rice, and chia seeds
- Superfoods blend includes organic veggies, herbs, greens, grasses, berries, fruits, sprouts, and ancient grains.
- Good source of vitamin B6 and C, iron, riboflavin, thiamin, and pantothenic acid
- Vegan, USDA organic, gluten-free, soy-free, non-GMO
- The texture is somewhat chalky & grainy
9 - Select Protein by PES Science
At PEScience, quality always comes first and is the foundation of our brand. PES uses a whey and casein blend from milk isolate protein and WP-80 to fuel the best post-workout possible.
The combination of a fast-digesting protein (whey) allows your body to recover fast but the combination of the slow-digesting protein (casein) makes it even better.
- 24g protein per serving.
- Blend of whey and casein.
- Blend of whey and casein.
- Premium high quality taste.
- Available in many gourmet flavors.
- Third party tested for label accuracy.
- No cheap fillers or adulterants.
- A bit pricy.
10 - Iso-Protein by Man Sports
Man Sports Whey Protein powder delivers high-quality protein with great tasting flavors. ISO-Protein contains super-premium 90% Whey Protein Isolate is an easy mixability with out of the world taste.
ISO-Protein features full protein ingredient disclosure, not only telling you the total protein used but also the yielding or complete protein that your body actually uses.
- 25 grams of protein and only 110 calories per serving.
- Offers 90% complete protein powder.
- Promotes muscle growth, repairing muscle tissue, and energy boost.
- Low carb, low fat, and gluten free
- A bit expensive.
What Are The Ingredients To Look For In Protein Powder?
Few ingredients to look for when choosing a protein powder are:
Protein - between 20-30 grams, per serving.
Fat - between 1-5 grams, per serving.
Carbs - between 1-5 grams, per serving.
Amino Acids - There are two types of amino acids BCAA (Branch Chain Amino Acids) & EAA (Essential Amino Acids).
These are important ingredients to look at that helps to increase mass. These are also helpful to provide energy, antioxidants, digestion, and ease fatigue. Few other things to look at are:
Flavors - when you have to select protein powder based on how it tastes, you need to stick some natural flavors such as vanilla, chocolate, or mint. It should not contain any artificial flavors, colors, or sweeteners.
Other nutritional content - You should also look at a few additional specific nutrients such as dietary fiber, MCT oil, probiotics, or other according to your need.
How many grams of protein your body absorb at a time?
The maximum rate is approximately an hour at which a body absorbs about 8-10 grams of protein.
Is Whey protein actually effective?
Whey protein is fast-acting and has a high oxidant rate that makes it really effective and quickly absorbing.
Do carbs help you to absorb protein?
Carbs help your body to release insulin. High insulin levels in your body help the muscles of the body to absorb amino acids.
Can protein affects your kidneys?
Protein powder only affect the kidneys of those people who are already affected by kidney diseases.
How many grams of protein do you need to build muscles?
You should be aiming to consume 20-25 grams of protein per meal.
Why Do You Need Protein Powder?
Research shows that when you consume protein after a workout, it can help in muscle repairing & rebuild them from the damage done during lifting and grow stronger for the next.
The protein supplements listed here are of trusted brands and I would definitely recommend trying them for your benefits. Because taste and flavor preference are so individual, you may need to taste a few to find which one works best for you.
Also, check out our other beneficial guides of other supplements. You are free to ask any questions in case if we missed out on any point and let us know your feedback.