It is usually known that the protein supplements are specifically for the men, but now there are also more popular among women. Nowadays, these supplements have proven a great choice for women because protein powders help to promote muscle recovery after a workout session.
Protein powder is really effective in various factors such as in losing fat and improve muscle strength. It can be mixed with any beverages such as shakes or smoothies and very convenient to consume. It can also be mixed with some healthy snacks that could be a great meal replacement. We have shortlisted our list of top 10 best protein powders for women in this article.
List of Top 10 Protein Powder for Women
1 - Whey Protein Isolate by BulkSupplements
Whey protein isolate is a very rich source of protein that may support muscle growth and aid in the recovery of exhausted muscles after anaerobic exercise.
This protein powder is a rich source of leucine and BCAAs, essential amino acids that are largely found in muscle tissues and used primarily in the production of proteins. Many women find Bulk Supplements is the best protein powder for women in daily routine.
- Standardized to at least 90% protein content.
- May aid muscle recovery.
- May support muscle growth when used in conjunction with exercise.
- Source of leucine and BCAAs. Free of soy.
- May cause stomach upset.
2 - Organic Plant Protein by Orgain
Orgain organic plant-based protein powder serves up 21g of vegan protein and only 150 calories in every serving and no sugar added. Our vegan protein powder is certified by Vegan Action.
These are great for meal replacement, smoothie boosters, building lean muscle, muscle recovery, and pre or post workouts.
This could be the best option for people following a vegan diet.
- Provides 21 grams of organic plant based protein (pea, brown rice, chia seeds) per serving
- 6 grams of organic dietary fiber, 4 grams of net carbs, 0 grams of sugar, 150 calories per serving
- Available in 6 different flavors.
- USDA organic, vegan, non-GMO
- Free of gluten, dairy, lactose, soy & carrageenan
- No added sugar and no artificial ingredients, kosher
- May cause nausea.
3 - Egg White Protein by Jay Robb
Jay Robb Egg White Protein Powder is an “Outrageously Delicious” chocolate-flavored protein powder that uses pure egg white protein.
Jay Robb Egg White Protein powder raw material is derived from chickens not treated with growth hormones.
This is the best protein powder for women who likes egg protein and doesn't have any allergies to eggs.
- Pure egg white formula with 24g of protein to support muscle growth and recovery.
- Easy-to-mix formula blends smoothly in shakes and smoothies.
- No Fat, No Soy, No Added Sugar, No MSG, No Casein, No Artificial Ingredients.
- Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Non-GMO, Low Carb, Keto, Vegetarian.
- A bit pricey.
4 - Elite Casein Protein Powder by Dymatize
Elite Casein is an excellent protein choice that breaks down more slowly in the digestive system which increases satiety and provides a slower release of muscle-building amino acids.
We use only premium, 100% micellar casein, one of the slowest absorbing proteins available to support muscle nourishment, smooth and creamy with an amazingly delicious taste.
- 25g of high-quality 100% micellar casein, 5 grams of BCAAs, 2.3 grams of L-Leucine per serving for muscle support and recovery.
- Provides a sustained release of muscle building amino acids to support muscle growth and recovery.
- Available in 4 indulgent flavors.
- May cause digestive disorder.
5 - Carnivor Beef Protein Isolate Powder by MuscleMeds
Carnivor provides you with 23g of 99% beef protein isolate and contains no fat or cholesterol, allowing you to get the benefits of beef protein in a delicious, fast-digesting, and a convenient protein shake.
Clinical research substantiates the power of Carnivor beef protein isolate, showing that in just 8-weeks, it helped to double muscle mass gains relative to exercise alone. This could be the best protein powder for women who is on a carnivore diet and want to follow a strict meat diet.
- 23g Hydrolyzed Beef Protein. 350% More Concentrated in Amino Acids Than Steak.
- Fast Digesting—Easier on the Stomach.
- Made with USDA Inspected Beef.
- Smooth and delicious taste.
- Lactose, sugar, dairy and gluten-free.
- Not vegan friendly.
6 - Protein Superfood by Amazing Grass
This organic, all-in-one nutritional shake thoughtfully combines our alkalizing farm fresh greens with nutrient-dense fruits and veggies plus 20g of plant-based protein.
With a smooth vanilla flavor and satisfying texture, this superfood combo is a convenient way to get the whole food nutrition your body needs with an amazing flavor your taste buds will love.
- Provide 20g complete protein from organic pea protein, organic quinoa, Organic hemp Protein & chia
- 7 alkalizing greens, 9 nutrient-dense fruits & veggies, 4 carbs, less than 1g of sugar, 3g of fiber
- 2 full servings of fruits & veggies per serving
- USDA Organic, Non-GMO, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, grain-free
- Sweetness of stevia
7 - Pea Protein Powder by NOW Sports
NOW Sports Organic Pea Protein is a non-GMO vegetable protein isolate that has 15 grams of easily-digested protein. Each 2 scoop serving typically has over 2,700 mg of branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs) and over 1,300 mg of arginine.
NOW Sports Organic Pea Protein is pure and natural, unflavored, and mixes easily into your favorite beverages. Since most of the part of this product is a pea, many women like to consume this on daily basis.
- Provide 24 grams of easily-digested protein, 4.2g of BCAA, and over 2g of arginine, per serving
- Mixes easily into your favorite beverages
- Non-GMO, Vegan/Vegetarian, Kosher
- No Artificial Sweetener, Soy Free, Dairy Free, Steroid Free
- May cause digestive disorder
8 - Salted Caramel Protein Powder by Quest Nutrition
This protein powder so delicious, you might just think it’s your cheat day. Sweet caramel flavor with a pinch of salty overtones in every sip.
Quest Salted Caramel Protein Powder is made with complete, dairy-based proteins to provide you with the ideal balance for your workout.
Quest Protein Powders taste like a creamy milkshake you can enjoy any time. This could be the best protein powder for women who like to mix protein with milk.
- Provide 26g protein, 2g net carbs, and 1g of sugar per scoop
- Made with 60% fast-absorbing Whey Protein Isolate and 40% slow absorbing Micellar Casein
- Creamy and rewarding taste of a salted caramel
- Gluten and Soy Free
- May cause stomach issues
9 - Premium Protein by Vega Sport
Vega Sport Premium Protein contains 30 grams of vegan protein to help build and repair your muscles after your workout. Multi-source vegan protein powder from pea protein, pumpkin seed, organic sunflower seed, and alfalfa.
Help rebuild muscle after a tough workout with Vega Sport Berry Protein Powder. Our plant protein powder is vegetarian, dairy-free, lactose-free, gluten-free, and soy-free to fit your lifestyle.
- Provides 30g of plant-based protein with 5g BCAA amino acids and 5g Glutamic Acid
- Blend of a pea, pumpkin seed, organic sunflower seed, and alfalfa protein
- Help build muscle and support recovery
- No artificial sweeteners, flavors, or colors
- Certified Vegan protein powder
- Free of lactose, gluten, dairy, soy
- May not have a pleasant taste
10 - Pea Protein Isolate by Myprotein
Myprotein Pea Protein Isolate is an excellent source of plant-based protein, that’s scientifically proven to support the growth and maintenance of muscle mass.
Pea protein is a complete protein which means it contains all nine of the essential amino acids. These occur naturally in protein which helps to build and repair new muscle.
- Sourced from 100% pea protein isolate
- Provide 24g protein, zero sugar, and only 107 calories per serving
- Contains all nine of the essential amino acid
- Free of gluten, lactose, and artificial flavors
- Ideal protein source for vegetarians and vegans
- May not have a pleasant taste
Why Women Need Protein Powder?
Protein powder is beneficial for women in many ways such as weight loss, muscle strengthening, and muscle recovery after a workout.
Above these one important benefit that protein powders provide is it gives your body energy for a whole day.
Whether it is for a daily routine or to do some extreme workout, protein powder delivers many amino acids that boost energy and gives a pump to your body to do more.
When you are consuming the best protein powder women, your stomach feels full for a longer time that helps you to avoid taking snacks frequently. It suppresses hunger and thus improves your weight management, sometimes even weight loss.
Athletes and gym-goers women should regularly consume protein powder in order to push their training period for a bit longer. Protein supplements help to improve lean muscle and muscle strength during your workout especially when you're doing weight lifting.
The effectiveness of protein decreases in your body as you get older, so it is necessary to fulfill the daily protein requirement for a healthy body.
What Are the Types of Protein Powder?
There are many types of protein powder available in the market to make a favorable choice. Here's some information about them.
Whey Protein Powder
They are very popular among athletes. It is a milk-derived protein that contains all nine of the essential amino acids.
It is highly digestible and considered a complete source of protein.
Whey protein helps in muscle growth, preserve lean muscle mass, and promote weight loss.
Pea Protein Powder
It is a plant-based protein sourced from dried yellow peas. It is considered a great source of BCAAs that are important for muscle protein synthesis.
It helps to increase metabolism, reduce hunger, and aids weight loss. It is a great alternative for vegans and food sensitive people.
Egg White Protein Powder
Egg whites are the pure and the best form of protein. It is considered an excellent source of BCAAs that promotes muscle growth.
Egg white protein powder is dairy-free and highly absorbable. It is lower in carbs and a great choice for women having diabetes and who are allergic to dairy products.
Hemp Protein Powder
It is an excellent plant-based protein, sourced from hemp seeds from the cannabis family, rich in omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids.
Hemp protein powder also contains fiber, healthy fats, and essential minerals. It is very much vegan-friendly with a nutty flavor.
Casein Protein Powder
It is a dairy-based protein and rich in glutamine, an important amino acid. It helps in speeding the muscle recovery period.
Mixed Plant-Based Protein Powder
This protein powder is sourced from pea, chia, hemp, flax, brown rice, quinoa, and pumpkin seeds that boost possibly all nutritional values. It is a rich source of all amino acids that helps in the thriving and recovery of muscles.
The selection of the best protein powder for women depends on your taste and what kind of diet you're following. People always like one thing more than another.
Are Protein Powder Safe For Women?
There are various types of protein and their products available. Whether they be athletes, of older age, or vegan, a convenient type with all possible nutrients is there to choose from. All the protein powders when taken with sufficient dosage are safe for any women. For many of my female friends, Bulk Supplements stood on top of the list of best protein powder for women.
The above-listed products contain high quality of protein and are versatile to use. From build muscles to weight loss management they can fulfill your goals and nutritional needs.
Also, check out our other beneficial guides of other supplements. You are free to ask any questions in case if we missed out on any point and let us know your feedback.